JUST SOLD AT LA QUINTA COUNTRY CLUB!
How would you like to have this view?
My clients are thrilled with their new home at La Quinta Country Club. The views from their patio are spectacular, and the pool is just a few steps away!
Isn’t it time to find your place here?
Come live the desert life!
I wrote a blog about a year ago about one of my marketing ideas for creating custom business cards for each listing. Thanks to Cathy Bureau, I found out that my idea was featured in the Market Leader Creative Print Marketing Guide! They urge us all to always have “compelling ideas”!
When I get a new listing one of the first things I do after taking photos is to create a business card featuring the property for sale. I heard about this idea at a real estate conference years ago- and I haven’t seen any of my competitors utilizing it. I have found that I can create my own cards using VistaPrint for under $50/250 cards.
Each card is double-sided with 2 of the best photos of the home, usually enhancing the best feature such as the view. Then I include my contact information, my website, a link to the listing information, and of course, the address. Some properties I have created a custom QR Code that I also include on the card. I find that when you give these to the seller… they are more than happy to pass them out! They are pleased with your creativity and can’t wait to share them with their friends, or anyone that they think might be interested in the house. I also have them in the flyer box at the listing, pass them out at Open Houses, and use them as a business card as long as I have the listing.
Here are some examples of the cards I have created:
Spa Villas in La Quinta are inspiring! (And a great investment!)
If you love coming to the desert… for the weekend, or for weeks at a time– you can do no better than staying in one of the Spa Villas at La Quinta Resort. What most people don’t know is that you can own your own Villa- and if you choose, become part of the Resort Rental program to recoup some of your investment on a regular basis. Get paid every month for owning a vacation home in La Quinta!
Right now there are just a few of these Villas on the market- and only one 3BR/3BA unit under $1Million. You won’t find a better place to stay or own in La Quinta!
I was so inspired by the beauty when touring the Spa Villas, I created this image to share with you!
Hot Purple Energy has been installing solar panels on our roof over the last week. We decided to convert to solar after several friends and our son shared their experience- and how much they are saving. You not only create your own power, you put power back on the GRID!
Do you want to lower your electric bill?
Residential Solar Power Installation Process
- Contact Hot Purple Energy – Joe Adams (760) 799-5915 to begin application process. Joe will come out to your house and determine the optimum location and number of solar panels that will be required depending on your average energy consumption.
- Fill out IID application for solar or Edison application and schedule an energy audit on your house. Often used light bulbs should be replaced with LED bulbs, and single pool pumps should be replaced with energy efficient multi-speed pumps, and old refrigerators replaced.
- Check with your HOA about regulations regarding SOLAR installations and get approval.
- Application must be submitted ASAP prior to the lottery drawing which in our case (we are with IID) was in January. Primary financing for these projects comes from rebates from the utility companies, and is subject to available funds.
- If you are drawn in the lottery you get on the schedule for installation.
- The installation takes ten to twelve days.
- After the installation an inspection is conducted by the city and then by your power supplier.
In as much as we are supplied by IID the process may be different with Edison.
By changing to LED bulbs, changing out our pool pump and replacing an old refrigerator our average monthly bill went from $325/mo to $270/mo.
We chose to lease the system which requires no down payment with a payment of $107/mo. for twenty years.
Our power bill will drop to $73/mo with the possibility that we might be able to put excess power back on the grid and actually reduce this monthly bill – I actually need to get further clarification on this point.
We have been very pleased with the professionalism from Hot Purple Energy. They show up on time, clean up their work area, and have kept us informed on their progress.
Good luck converting to solar!
In today’s Desert Sun, the July stats from 2 separate reports indicate that sellers are now in the drivers seat!
California Desert Association of Realtors stats showed that the year-over-year prices have climbed for houses and condos, compared to last July.
San Diego based, DataQuick uses public records to provide a monthly overview of the Coachella Valley’s housing market. The local Realtors’ association tracks the trends on the multiple listing service.
DataQuick’s report for July found:
• Valleywide, 894 homes were sold in July. That’s a 2.5 percent jump from last year, but a nearly 14 percent drop from the 1,036 homes sold in June.
• Median prices rose in all three property categories: resale single family homes, resale condos and new construction homes.
New construction, with just 28 sales in July, saw a 78.4 percent year-over-year leap in the median price. It hit $454,000 last month.
• The most expensive transaction was a $5.4 million single-family resale in Indian Wells.
What does this mean?
- Inventories will remain low until sellers decide to get their homes listed
- Buyers need to get aggresive with their home seaches before prices rise further.
- Homes that are priced correctly are SELLING!
WHAT IS YOUR LISTING STRATEGY?
This strategy revolves around pricing a property to satisfy a seller’s ego. There’s simply no easy way to say this. Highballers are agents who will give into a seller’s ego and price a property above market value just to have a listing. These properties tend to sit on the market indefinitely or will sell once the seller finally realizes that the price they want to sell the property for has nothing to do with how much the property is worth.
Some sellers will argue that because they bought the house for $700,000 and because they have it listed for $600,000, it must be a deal. Well, not if the real estate cycle and comparables sales comparatively state that the market value for that particular property is $500,000.
Curious what your home’s real market value is? Give me a call! Kathy Schowe 760-333-8886
Just SOLD in Madison Ranch to my very Happy First-Time Buyer!
This 5Br/2Ba single-level home in Madison Ranch just closed yesterday for $270,000 and my First-Time buyer is thrilled! We have been searching since March (6 months) for the perfect home and made an offer on another in the same neighborhood at the end of May. Many first-time buyers do not realize that it takes patience and persistence to find the perfect home for them.
My buyer was focused and very specific about her wants and needs. She had done her homework- she set her budget and stuck to it. She knew the neighborhood and area she wanted to live in and although she will live there with her boyfriend, she can afford it with or without his help. She has excellent credit and came to the process prepared with all of her ducks in a row.
I am so pleased that I had the opportunity to help my friend, and first-time buyer, realize her dream of home ownership!
PGA West Palmer Private Market Report June 2013 La Quinta, CA 92253
Currently there are 21 Active listings in the PGA West Private Neighborhood, ranging in price from $190,000 to $1,050,000. Quite a price range in this neighborhood!
There is 1 home listed as Contingent-Upon-Sale, 3 Homes with Back-Up-Offer Status, and 4 Homes Pending!
In 2012, 9 Homes SOLD in May, 6 Homes SOLD in June. This year 10 Homes SOLD in May, and 7 Homes have SOLD in June… With 4 Pending, the July numbers should be strong!